Bitcoin Wallet MaintenanceMentor: ~timluc-miptev Reward: 3 Stars Apply for this grant
The Urbit Bitcoin Wallet has been integrated into the core distribution, and its maintenance is now passing back to the community via the Urbit Foundation.
Our goal is to maintain this product at a high level of usability and also add significant features to it over time. We want usage to become ubiquitous and easy within Urbit, while integrating without outside wallets/signing devices and internal applications.
If you have strong development skills and are looking to make an impact with your Urbit development, this is the project to be on. We'll likely recruit more than one contributor for this role.
Types of work
The below is a non-exhaustive list of the types of work we will need:
- hardware wallet support
- progress meters for wallet scanning
- performance improvements for Bitcoin providers
- mempool scanning
- shoe CLI interface for terminal usage in Urbit
- general maintenance as bugs arise
- Experience with modern React, or
- Hoon experience (for backend maintenance and improvement)
Having both skills is great.
- at least 10 hours/week
- 2-3 months minimum
- weekly check-in meeting with
~timluc-miptev(Technical Director at Urbit Foundation)
- 1 star per month initially (assuming ~10 hours/week part-time)
- more stars can be negotiated if the developer has greater availability and can commit more time