Host Three College/University Urbit Meetups (1)Worker(s): P. Paramo Reward: 1 Stars Completed
Urbit is a canvas for learning, building, experiments and collaboration. We believe this makes it a natural fit for students and teachers of many disciplines. We encourage faculty, staff, and students at any college or university to conduct meetups to explain Urbit and help new users join.
This bounty is to host an Urbit meetup at your college/university. The meetup should meet the following criteria:
- The meetup must be open to all students and faculty, and there must be a public web link for joining (like meetup.com)
- You do not need to be a Computer Science student, but we request that you specifically make sure to invite and notify the CS department at your school about the meetups.
- The meetup must have a presentation or talk about Urbit.
- The presentation or talk must be recorded and posted publicly online.
- You must promote the event vigorously; social media, a website, etc. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want a signal boost.
- You must host at least three meetups.
Presentations don't have to be technical, but consider some of these topics to choose from for technical talks:
- Nock (Virtual Machines)
- Kelvin versioning
- Deterministic computing
- Binary tree data structures
- Azimuth (Urbit identities)
- The Ames protocol
You should go into this bounty with the mindset of creating a regularly scheduled meetup, one that might become the nucleus of your university’s Urbit community. Also, email email@example.com once you've hosted a meetup, and we will add you to your list of active meetups!
Check out our guide to best practices for Urbit meetups.
- Do not begin work until your request to claim this bounty is accepted.
- When applying to work on the bounty, tell us a little about yourself and mention which university and location you'd be hosting the meetups in.
- Proof of the meetups happening will be determined by the recordings of the presentations. Email links to these recordings to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have 100 days from the time of approval to complete this bounty.
Three meetups are held
1 stars Your three meetups are held, and links to the presentations have been posted and sent to email@example.com.