Staff the Urbit Helpdesk, EastWorker(s): ~libmud-bonted Reward: 1 Stars Completed
Urbit is pretty novel, and newcomers are often confused by the many new concepts they’re confronted with early on. As someone who’s been there before, you can help guide aspiring new Martians into the community by supporting them with their technical issues.
You will “staff the help desk,” which means watching our Discord server and the Help channel within Urbit Community for support requests. You’re expected to be online for at least four hours within the hours of 0000-0800 UTC (4pm - 12am PST), for five days a week over the course of a month.
You’re expected to:
- Help users boot ships
- Recommend relevant resources
- Troubleshoot errors users encounter using Urbit
- Observe and document bugs
- File issues to the relevant Github repo
- Issue pull requests to the documentation should inaccuracies present themselves
Once per week, staff should send a weekly digest email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a report of key events and hours worked.
It will help if you identify yourself periodically as a support resource so that users know they can ask questions of you. Using a nickname could be helpful here.
- Do not begin work until your request to claim this bounty is accepted.
- Claimant will be online and responsive, 4 hours daily, for 30 days
- It may be requested that staffers modify their hours to improve coverage of issues.
- Estimated work: 2 - 4 hours per day
1 stars You've spent the last month helping out newcomers.