The Complete Guide to Gall and LandscapeWorker(s): ~timluc-miptev Reward: 4 Stars Completed
Gall Guide Deliverables
PoC and Prior Work
The first 5 chapters of the course are complete in late draft form and can be found here
My "Nock for Everyday Coders" Guide was the result of my exploring Nock on my own, and is probably the most detailed Nock reference available currently.
Overview and Goals
Develop a Hooniversity module for teaching Gall and creating and modifying Gall applications.
The final product will contain all lessons (which incrementally build on each other), example code and reference items needed to transfer this knowledge with no gaps or unanswered questions.
The student who completes this course will not only be able to author their own Landscape app, but the learning program associated with these materials will mandate that accomplishment in order for a student to be considered to have passed Hooniversity Gall training.
Table of Contents
- Workflow Setup(2 hours)
- The 10 Arms of Gaal: App Structure(4 hours)
- App Lifecycle and State(5 hours)
- Importing Code and Static Resources(5 hours)
- Poke and Watch(6 hours)
(From this point onward in the course, all lessons will be in the context of building up a full-featured application)
- Communicating with the Outside World (HTTP)(2 hours)
- Setting up Data Structures(3 hours)
- Landscape: GUI for Gall](3 hours)
- Walkthrough: Landscape Skeleton](4 hours)
- Communicating with Landscape (Subscriptions)](3 hours)
- Everything about React for Landscape](6 hours)
- Calling the OS (Arvo)](3 hours)
- Communicating with Other Ships](3 hours)
- Store/Hook/View](4 hours)
- Troubleshooting & FAQ](1 hour)
- Types Used in Gall Apps](2 hours)
- Common Hoon Idioms Used in Gall](1 hour)
- 5 Lessons of 2-3 hours in length each, taught on a weekly basis to help students through the material who are more interactive learners.
1 stars Full written guide (table of contents in proposal) posted online.
Videos Courses & Full Sample Application
- Videos made for the course
- Full sample application finished and polished with extensive commenting, integrated into the lessons