Blog QOL Upgrades
%blog Apprenticeship is a userspace application apprenticeship focused on experiential learning in publishing on Urbit. The three main quality of life upgrades
~dachus-tiprel would like are:
- Subscribe to someone’s ship to see when they have published a new post
- Password protected posts
- Export-Files / Import-from-Backup pokes
Apprentice is familiar with %blog, has gone through hoon school, has a worked with a gall app before (both frontend and backend).
The apprentice will work with
~dachus-tiprel directly. They will participate in an initial "kick-off" call to talk through the user stories and the expected implementation, and will proceed with weekly or biweekly (at the apprentice's preference or need) meetings with
3 separate production-ready pull requests to the %blog hoon repo and %blog-ui repo each of the requested features.
As someone integrating with %blog I want to
- Subscribe to a %blogger and be notified whenever they publish a new post As a %blogger I want to
- Password protect my posts to limit access As a %blogger about to breach I want to
- Export all my my blogs into a file
- Breach my ship
- Reload all of my blogs/themes/drafts exactly as they were
~dachus-tiprel is amenable to suggestions of strategies from his apprentice as to the nature of the implementation of this feature, particularly in the Front-End presentation. We have a suggestion for the general implementation details on the backend, but are nonetheless open to input:
- Subscriptions should be done using the new sss.hoon library
- Password protection will likely be done using some sort of sail page that redirects to the post upon a correct POST to %blog
Schedule and Compensation
The %blog apprenticeship should take no longer than 3 months, but is likely executable within a month. The apprentice will recieve 1 star upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.